Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Virgina Soaps and Scents



A TOS CREWMEMBER REVIEW OF VIRGINIA SOAPS AND SCENTS



Another benefit of being on the TOS Review Crew is that I sometimes receive products other than curriculum to try for free! Yippee! This is one of those times!

Virginia Soaps and Scents gave me a sampler package of their products a few weeks ago and I couldn't wait to break it open and see what they sent! I'm not a big one for spending loads of money on "girlish" products but soap that is natural is a big hit on my wish list. I felt spoiled when I opened the box.

Here's what they "scent" me.

1. A 1.75 ounce bar of Coconut Lemongrass hand and body soap.
2. A 1.75 ounce bar of Oatmeal, Milk and Honey soap.
3. A 1.75 ounce bar of Fresh Orange hand and body soap.
4. A 2 ounce Cherry Almond Shampoo Bar.
5. A laundry soap kit with a recipe to make my own laundry soap-it makes one-half gallon.

When I opened the package all I could smell was "clean". It was old-fashioned soap with natural smelling scents and no heavy perfumes. I was so excited, I couldn't wait to try it out. I was especially intrigued by the shampoo bar. It sounded interesting but I was SURE that it would not work on my long, course wavy hair nor on my sons' scruffy haystack hair. But I was so wrong. It took seconds to get a strong lather worked up and my head was soon emmersed in a deep almond scent. It stripped excess oils and restored natural oils into my hair like a deep conditioner. My hair was noticibly and touchably soft after using it. The next litmus test was my middle son. He used it a couple of times and it produced a new, smooth shine on his hair. My youngest used it on his body because he forgot which one was body soap and which was shampoo. He smelled nice!

The last test was to see if my husband liked it. He usually turns his nose up at bar soap for hair. He has thinning hair and most soaps leave his hair feeling too oily. He didn't seem to mind this one. In fact, he went online after to research the price. He seemed impressed. "If they really last as long as they say they do, then it's definitely worth it."

We passed around the body soaps as well. The only problem we had was the need to call out while in the shower for the last person who borrowed our favorite bar to return it through the door quickly! The surprising thing is that we all have used these four soaps (shampoo included) repeatedly for the last several weeks and they don't seem to be melting at all! I'm sure they are but for such a little bar of soap to not dissolve and slip down the drain in a day or two, that is absolutely amazing.

Another thing I liked is that my boys' hands actually felt clean when I held them at prayer time. They usually feel sticky even after several washings.

We've found that not only do these soaps work well, smell great and last longer, they also are asthetically appealing. They look very much like something you would find in a high class hotel in a gourmet gift package. The soaps are handcrafted and have a carved trademark insignia in the center of the bar.


I tried the laundry soap on several loads and it seems to work as well as the store brands and it is much cheaper. It's a little strange, though, to not have suds. The water looks clear after the soap is placed in the washtub. The clothes came out clean and not smelly so I think it is worth the price.

The most appealing aspect of the body, hair and laundry soap is that fact that they are natural, leaving off harmful chemicals while being less expensive than many natural products on the market.

The 5.5 ounce Shampoo bars sell for $5.50 each, the 4.5 ounce signature soaps sell for $4.50 each or 3 for $12. The Laundry Soap Kit which makes TWO GALLONS sells for $4.95! TWO GALLONS, folks!

They sell gourmet soaps too. They are very attractive looking. Look at them here.

http://www.virginiasoapsandscents.com/vss_015.htm

VENDOR: Virginia Soaps and Scents
CONTACT: Richelle Spargur
EMAIL: http://www.blogger.com/richelle@virginiasoapsandscents.com
PHONE: 757-986-3377
WEBSITE: http://www.virginiasoapsandscents.com/


To read what other crewmembers think about this product and more, click on the TOS Crew Review banners on either the top or bottom right sidebar. Thank you.

2 comments:

Donna M. Kohlstrom said...

What a great surprise to receive the package of goodies! I can almost smell them over here!

JoJo Tabares said...

Me too! I can smell them! Especially the oatmeal, milk and honey one. I want a lavender one though! LOL WINK