Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Wishes!

I wanted to post a recent picture of me wishing happy things to my readers, but alas! I am always the one behind the camera so all I could find was an old picture one of the kids took of me last April. My hair is much longer now but the words come from the same heart!


Happy Birthday, to my older brother! He is a slightly different reflection of my dad. If I believed in re-incarnation I would have been stumped while the two were standing side by side. Different looks, but some similar features. Similar personalities but different education levels. Strong, caring hearts, yup! Fits both. Well, I could go on, but I'll skip for now. Anyway, Happy Birthday P.A. Ray! This year, you drew closer to your family, made many brave ventures, battled tough family issues and came out older and wiser! I'm proud of you! Happy Happy Birthday, old man! (Chuckle, Chuckle.)


To the rest of you, I wish you a very Happy New Year. I will begin mine by visits from northern friends and family. Wheels Kid has an older sister coming for a week. My oldest son, Bass Boy ( as in bass guitar not the fish), will be flying in on the same flight for a week in January! January eleventh, we will take Culinary Kid to see his birth siblings a few hours away. Now, if I could just find a way to New England again, that would be awesome. But, wait, I think I'll delay until the snow disappears for good. Ha, ha. What a great way to start the new year!

May this new year bring you joy, fresh starts, success, healing, great ideas, strength in the midst of any trials and so much more than you can dream.

I have much healing to do. It's been a painful year with the loss of my dad, grandfather, foster daughter and loss of some dreams. I plan to make the beginning of next year a time to heal and then venture out on other dreams. I hope to take better care of myself, read the Bible more, reach outside of my family to help more people, work harder at my writing and educational goals and enjoy next year more than I did this one. I know the economy is bleak and there are many troubles in the world affecting us all. I know many people who are up against heartbreaking curcumstances in their lives. By the grace of God, we can carry on and be victorious in spite of it all. Our circumstances may not improve but our hearts and our faith can!

I wish you all a safe, happy and prosperous New Year! Blessings to you all!

No comments: